Using wood and its benefits
Wood properties and uses
- Wood is strong!
Check out the innovative wood technology at our Salisbury Research Centre, featured on the Going Bush TV program, and watch the science that compares timber's strength with steel and concrete.
- Wood properties of timber trees
Wood properties and uses of 80 Australian and imported timbers.
- Timber Answers wood properties reference centre
Online reference for the wood properties of over 1000 tree species.
- Using wood treated with preservative
An overview of the standards relating to wood treated with preservative.
- Construction timbers in Queensland
Guide to where and how timber can be used. 'Construction timbers in Queensland: properties and specifications for satisfactory performance of construction timbers in Queensland - Class 1 and Class 10 buildings'.
- Cocowood processing manual
From coconut wood to quality flooring - a manual for processing cocowood to meet international standards for flooring products.
- Research and development in wood products and processing
Science and new technologies to support wood processing and construction industries.
- Australian timbers (Volume 1) - Timber species of eastern subtropical Australia
Information on 50 of the key timber trees that grow in eastern subtropical Australia.
- Naturally Better
Forest and Wood Products Australia Pty Ltd website providing information about Australia's forest and wood products sector and explaining the natural advantages of wood and its contribution to reducing the effects of climate change.
- Forest Products Commission of Western Australia
Forest Products Commission of Western Australia website explaining the environmental benefits of timber.
- Make it Wood
PlanetArkwebsite promoting the environmental benefits of using responsibly sourced wood products.