This department is committed to supporting a highly efficient, innovative, productive and successful agricultural sector that will thrive into the future.
To ensure our agricultural sector continues to prosper and attract new investment, we will work with industry groups, communities and relevant stakeholders to develop a 30-year plan for the industry.
This plan will help identify investment and job opportunities, guide infrastructure planning and ensure food security for Queensland.
Operating as a discreet agriculture department, we aim to:
- facilitate new infrastructure to support agriculture
- improve agriculture skills and career pathways
- improve research, development and extension
- protect strategic cropping land
- direct extra resources to biosecurity.