Guidelines for veterinarians handling potential Hendra virus infection in horses
- Biosecurity Queensland
- September 2013
- Bibliographic details
- 54 pages
Summary of important changes from previous version 4.2 (December 2011)
- Content has been updated to include information from recent Hendra virus (HeV) incidents.
- Case definitions of exclusion and suspect have been removed.
- Differential diagnoses list for HeV previously at 4.2.5 and table 3 of version 4.2 have been removed.
- Changes to the preferred samples to collect for HeV laboratory testing.
- Information about the HeV vaccine has been added.
- Information about the classification of biological samples for transport has been added.
- Additional references and reference material have been included.
- HeV incident summary table at Appendix 1 of version 4.2 has been removed and can now be found on the Biosecurity Queensland website at www.biosecurity.qld.gov.au
This document is subject to regular review, so we encourage comments on its content and format.