- coordinates the government's efforts to prevent, respond to, and recover from pests and diseases that threaten the economy and environment
- works to ensure continued market access for our products
- maintains our reputation for high standards of animal care and keeping
- reduces the risks that chemical contaminants pose to agricultural food production systems and the environment
- helps to ensure Queensland land and the environment is healthy and resilient.
Biosecurity Act 2014
Keep updated about the new Biosecurity Regulations being developed.
About the work of Biosecurity Queensland
Biosecurity Queensland brings together land protection, animal and plant biosecurity, environmental biosecurity, chemical use and animal welfare and keeping.
Regardless of the size of your enterprise or hobby farm, as a rural landholder you play a vital role in minimising biosecurity risks, and protecting our industries and communities from the negative impacts of pests, diseases and contaminants.
Summary versions and main applications of the Acts administered by Biosecurity Queensland within the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.