Other eel species
Snake-like body with a small head, jaws reaching well past the eye. Body colouration; distinctive dark blotching on an olive or brownish background.
Common in flowing freshwater streams, lakes and swamps on the entire east coast of Australia.
|Size and bag limits||
- Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 1997, Fish Guide. Saltwater, Freshwater and Noxious Species. The Great Outdoors Publications, Brisbane
- FishBase - A global information system on fishes
- Fisheries Act 1994 and Fisheries Regulation 2008
- Grant, EM, 1997, Grant's Guide To Fishes. EM Grant Pty Limited, Brisbane
- Merrick, JR and Schmida GE, 1984. Australian Freshwater Fishes: Biology and Management. Griffin Press Limited, South Australia
- Allen, G.R., Midgley, S.H., and Allen, M. Freshwater fishes of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Victoria.
- Schmida, G. Freshwater Fishes. Steve Parish Publishing Pty Ltd., Queensland.