Young people aspiring to a career in agriculture can apply for one of ten $10,000 scholarships on offer through DAFF and the Emerald Agricultural and Longreach Pastoral Colleges.
The scholarships will assist students, who otherwise could not afford it, to secure a place in the residential training program at the Emerald and Longreach campuses.
Both colleges will be offering unique two-year graduate programs with an emphasis on practical, hands-on production experience. The scholarship will support student enrolment in the colleges' two-year programs with the funding to be distributed over the duration of the program.
Applications are now open and will close on Tuesday, 15 October 2013. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of October. The application process will require students to provide an explanation of their career plans as well as details of their financial situation.
To apply for the Agricultural Training College Scholarship Scheme:
visit the Australian Agricultural College Corporation website
call 1800 888 710
The Greater Graduate Program
The Greater Graduate Program has been developed to provide graduate opportunities within six Queensland Government departments, including the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF).
The Greater Graduate Program enables you to further develop your university learning with exposure to real, relevant, practical work that will enrich your experience with us. Our program will offer you:
- a structured 12-month training and development program
- a supportive environment to develop your skills and knowledge
- regular performance and development planning
- professional networking opportunities and membership with the graduate alumni
- an assigned mentor to help you transition from study to corporate life
- opportunities to work with cutting-edge science and technology
- flexible working conditions that suit your lifestyle.
The development program commences in February 2014. Successful graduates are required to commence employment with the department no later than January 2014.
Please visit the Greater Graduate Program website for more information.
Who we are looking for
For our 2014 intake we are currently selecting graduates to the following positions:
- Policy Officer (various locations) (PDF, 130.8KB)
- Project Officer, Corporate Services (Brisbane) (PDF, 126.9KB)
To be eligible for a graduate role you must have completed your degree since December 2011.
Applications have now closed.